She has been appointed as counsel, co-counsel and expert witness in many recent high-profile sports arbitrations, which have resulted in landmark decisions in the sports world.
Despina represents athletes, clubs, and sports federations in all aspects of arbitration, trials, and regulatory drafting and sits as an arbitrator on the tribunals of various international sports federations, including UEFA, World Athletics, the International Powerlifting Federation and the International Tennis Federation.
She has a longstanding and in-depth knowledge of the mechanics of sports arbitration, obtained also through her previous position as Managing Counsel at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) until 2017. She has co-authored the critically acclaimed book “The Code of the Court of Arbitration for Sport: Commentary, Cases and Materials” published by Wolters Kluwer in 2015
Despina is also part of an international network of associated experts in the field of sports law and collaborates on a project basis with several highly-established professionals, depending on the specific circumstances of the case.
Research Assistant: Ms Narges Keshavarz
– Ph.D. candidate in international arbitration, University of Lausanne
– Master’s in international and comparative law, University of Lausanne
– Master’s in international trade and economic law, University of Tehran, Iran
– Bachelor of Laws, University of Tehran, Iran
– CAS ReGS, FDCA and IDHEAP, University of Lausanne
– Working Languages: English, French and Farsi